Sunday, June 23, 2013

Loved hearing about the Reunion

Dear Family,

We have enjoyed hearing about the reunion and all the activities you have been involved in this week. Becky, thanks for sharing the news about your newest baby boy.  We loved the picture with everyone's shoes.  We hope that you all find the things that you think were left at our home last week.

This week has not been very structured for us.  We helped find elders a new apartment, went to a funeral where Dad spoke to a family of Amerindians about the plan of salvation, we helped organize and carry out a YSA activity, and we went to a Lions Club dinner where one of our good friends was installed as the new president.  His daughter was the reigning Miss India World last year.  She attended and she was beautiful.

At one point the Lions club members stood up and sang their Lions club song which was to the tune of "The Bear Went Over the Mountain.  Here are the words.

I'd rather belong to the Lions, I'd rather belong to the Lions,
I'd rather belong to the Lions, than any club I know.

Than any club I know, than any club I know,
 
I'd rather belong to the Lions, I'd rather belong to the Lions,
I'd rather belong to the Lions, than any club I know.

The club members sang the Guyana national anthem also and I think that we should for sure learn the words to that song.  They sing it often and it is beautiful.  It would be nice to be able to sing along.

Our YSA activity had a leadership theme.  We played games which included a treasure hunt and a blind mans kick-ball activity.  Dad tried to referee the game but since no one had ever played kick ball before, they didn't obey the rules.  Still, I think they enjoyed running around and mingling with each other.  

We look forward to the world wide leadership training meeting in a half hour, so I will close for now and we will hear from you all later tonight.  Love Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment